woensdag 27 april 2016

Swiss Medium Cavalry

While I hate -really hate- painting horses I do, however, love the appearance of a mounted unit.
Quite the conundrum, if I say so myself. Especially since I think of one day assembling a cavalry only army like Scythians, Sarmatians, Parthians and the likes...

I started on this quite a while ago, somewhere in November. But I needed this unit ready for this friday's game, so finally bit the bullet and pulled through in time. They're medium cavalry or mounted serjeants for Lion Rampant. All plastic Perry's from both light cavalry and mounted men at arms boxes.

The flag is a French banner from one of the booklets of one of the plastic Perry kits. Luckily I have access to a free color-photocopier at work and made some copies of all those booklets on thick drawing paper.




Kinda looks like he has a double chin.

This friday my Swiss will have their first taste of battle. Let us hope that Gott is with his little Solothurners this Freitag. They will participate in a couple of small 500 point games of Kings of War. Here is the force in all its glory.


The army list for those interested:

Pike Block Regiment + Blessing of the Gods @ 160 points
Pole-arms Block Regiment @ 100 points
Mounted Serjeants Troop @ 105 points
Cannon @ 85 points
Army Standard Bearer @ 50 points

For a total of an even 500 points

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten