donderdag 6 augustus 2015

15th Century Swiss

To be honest, I never wanted to make a Late Medieval - Early Renaissance army. I really didn't.
But at a small local convention I stumbled unto the Perry Miniatures stand and before I knew what happened I left with two boxes of European Mercenaries, a box of Foot Knights and various metal packs. (Among these were of course the Swiss heads)

Now I always had a soft spot for the Perry brothers. They were one of the reasons why I started with the hobby in the first place; and why I even bothered with Warhammer Fantasy.

So now I can only say 'Damn you, Perry's! You guys did it again. Suckering me into a historical period where before then I had no interest in with those magnificent plastic men.' And I believe I'm not the only one.

Anyhow, using Lion Rampant and seeing what could be build with these boxes; I came to the conclusion two armies could be squeezed out of these. With the exception of cavalry forces of course.

My army would start out like the Swiss example list in the Lion Rampant book:

2x Expert Foot Serjeants [2x(4+2)] 12 points
2x Fierce Foot [2x4] 8 points
1x Crossbowmen [1x4]4 points

Afterwards I can perhaps change the Fierce Foot into Foot Yeomen and use the extra two points to put in a Bidower unit. Maybe there's some room in there for a Mounted unit in there too...

Using the Osprey book 'The Swiss at war 1300-1500'; the various Chroniks and other works I found on this Swiss website; Wappenwiki; and NGW I commenced.
It will be a small local force hailing from the Kanton Solothurn; led by Herr von Rotberg, of the Herrschaft Rotberg.

Without further ado, the first unit:
Expert Foot Serjeants
The troops parading in front of an old Roman aquaduct








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten