vrijdag 11 december 2015

Burgundian Pikemen


Taking a small break from the Swiss resulted in this unit. A lightly armoured group of pikemen led by an important knight, perhaps a Household one (going by the looks of his splendid outfit and helmet).



All of them are plastic Perry Mercenaries with bits from the WoTR and MaA boxes.
The standard bearer, without a standard, is an ordinary plastic pikeman with strategic cuts to both wrists to get the current flag-waving pose.


You might have noticed that I took a note or two from that excellent blog "Je lay emprins", go check it out if you haven't already.

One final note; it took me a while before I realised that my ancestors lived in the Burgundian Low Countries; Duchy of Brabant to be exact. And I still do today, what made me kind of sad that I don't know more of my country's past. But then again, these are not the things they focus on at all here in the history classes in school.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten